2 Kasım 2010 Salı

Aye and Gomorrah

"You spin in the sky, the world spins under you, and you step from land to land, while we . . ." She turned her head right, left, and her black hair curled and uncurled on the shoulder of her coat. "We have our dull, circled lives, bound in gravity, worshiping you!"

A beautiful passage from the short story, Aye and Gomorrah. I just read it for the second time and i must say that, it still feels unclear to me. I think that "just enough information" which we talked about in class is not enough here. I don't know, maybe i should read it for a second time.

There is an interesting point in this short story though, that it mostly takes place in Istanbul, the city i grew up. And there are very interesting observations about specific areas of the city, like Taksim square and the Flower passage. ( but camels ? no, we don't have them)

To be honest, the depiction of the city made me a little distracted from the main story and theme. I know that is not good, but from what i understand it's mostly about overpopulation and of course sex. I think for the most part, the descriptions were intentionally limited for us to create the world by relying our own imagination but i wish they could be more, specific..

I was planning to post something about Bladerunner here today, but just now, i decided to watch it again. Then i will write about it. Really good movie.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder