4 Eylül 2010 Cumartesi

Frankenstein

  I must say that I have never watched a Frankenstein movie or read any graphic novels related to him. So this novel is my first experience with the huge, sad monster.

  I enjoyed the Shelley's use of language and the way she explains the emotions that characters feel. This novel is one of the oldest horror, science fiction pieces so I did not expect something that would scare me or thrill me (I think H.P Lovecraft is an exception to this factor, his works will never get old)  so I focused more into the way it's written and the way Shelley described things. I must say that I really liked first parts of the novel. The mails sent by Walton to his sister adds the novel a realistic, some sort of a documentary feeling. As readers, those mails puts us to her position, and for the most part of the novel we, the readers are in Walton's position, listening the story from Victor Frankeinstein. This some sort of simulation, reading the novel from the perspective of a character is something I really like and find interesting in novels.

 I think my favorite character in the story is Victor, the creator of the monster. I don't think he was the villain of the story. He was just following his desires blindly which did not lead him to a good path.

Marry Shelley's Frankenstein, with it's strong depictions of emotions and it's combination of horror-science fiction is definitely deserves of being a classic. No wonder it did not fade away in the past.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder